Two Ingredient Recipes: Melting Chocolate + Cream Cheese = Chocolate Truffles

Source


Items Needed:

1 8oz pack of Cream cheese

Chocolate (1 pkg of almond bark or 2 1/2 boxes of melting chocolate)Start with whipping your cream cheese, while that is whipping melt half of your chocolate. Set the other half aside that is what you will coat your truffles with. I melted my Chocolate in the microwave 2 minutes and stirred and did 30 second intervals until it was all melted. Add the melted chocolate to your cream cheese and mix well
AT this point you can go onto the next step and keep it 2 Ingredients or I like to try my luck and test different combos. I have added some mint extract to make them mint truffles, I have also whipped in a 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter (my husband and his work favorite!). If you want 2 types simply split the mix here and add different flavors (I am going to try orange next!). Next once you decide what flavor you would like and it is mixed in scoop out your mix onto wax paper. I use a mini scoop so they stay similar in size. you can also use a spoon and drop them onto wax paper.
Refrigerate the balls for about 1 hr until firm enough to hold their shape in melted chocolate. I usually shape them into better ball shapes before I dip them. Melt your other half of chocolate, I added a little shortening because a very wise woman (Tara’s Mom!) told me a little shortening in your melted chocolate gives it a shinny coat!
Dip then decorate! You can add sprinkles to pretty them up, I added some melted peanut butter to the peanut butter ones. You can also roll them in powdered sugar and coco powder if you don't want to dip them!
Stand back and enjoy the praise!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buttercream Flowers