Two Ingredient Recipes: Yellow Cake Mix + Lemon Lime Soda = Soda Can Cupcakes

Source


November 13, 2011


Soda Can Cupcakes.

Here’s what you need….

I used Funfetti and Cranberry Splash Sierra Mist. It made the cupcakes a pretty pink color. You couldn’t really taste the cranberry or the Sierra Mist at all. Maybe a stronger flavor soda would give more flavor. BUT it tasted like Funfetti cake, and that’s good with me!

**I know you are going to ask this…I don’t know if this works with diet soda. Well, I am sure it works, BUT after a few quick searches I saw some sites saying it is dangerous to heat up artificial sweeteners…So I don’t know. I mean, if I believed everything on the internet I would be transferring all my dollars into a Nigerian Bank account, chain emailing all my friends so I will have good luck and never drinking pop rocks with soda, which is actually fun and tasty. So with that said, I am not a scientist, I do not know if you will die a slow, painful death if you bake with diet coke…but I do know I am certainly not the person you should be asking about healthy food alternatives…so use your best discretion.

Here’s all you do…

Pour a can of soda into your dry cake mix. Use room temperature soda please.

Using a whisk, mix your cake mix and soda until most of the lumps are gone.

I will look like this…

Fill your lined muffin tins about 1/2 – 2/3 full of batter. You won’t get 24 cupcakes like you would if you followed the instructions. I got about 17. The batter is a slightly thicker than regular cake mix batter.

After you’ve baked them you can see the texture…yum!

And now decorate them however you would like. I made a batch of buttercream and played around a bit.

Cute cupcakes always taste better, I’m pretty sure of it.



For more cute and soda filled cupcakes check out these soda filled cupcakes from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen…they are in a jar, which triple the cute factor!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buttercream Flowers