Two Ingredient Recipes: Ripe Banana + Flax Seeds = Banana Flax Seed Crackers

Source




This morning for breakfast I made banana flax crackers to go with my jelly spread. I did research and make sure Smuckers didn’t use gelatin in their products so it’s confirmed a vegan product.



It can’t get easier than 2 ingredients! 1/2 Cup flax seeds and 1 medium (browned or extra ripe) banana. Mas the banana with a spoon until its creamy with few lumps. Add the 1/2 cup flax seeds and mix.



For the Mini Crackers - Grease a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray, drop 1 Tbsp drops and press flat. Bake for 20 minutes on 300 degrees or until the edges are brown and the tops are hard.



To make my larger crackers I dropped 1/4 cup of mix into each whoopie pie pan slot and pressed it down until it was even. Before dropping the mix I greased it with olive oil cooking spray. Bake them for 20 - 25 minutes on 350 degrees.



They were so delicious and tasted like my moms banana bread! I know flax seeds need to be ground up but I wanted that crunchy texture. I’m going to try making these with ground flax seed tomorrow so I’ll let you know if it turns out.



I also had walnuts, almonds and fresh pineapple with my banana crackers.



These would be perfect to bag up on road trips or take to work for snacks!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Buttercream Flowers