Two-Ingredient Recipes: Spice Cake Mix + Can of Pumpkin = Pumpkin Muffins (Or Cookies)

Source for muffins or cookies



Healthy 2 Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Muffins

I love two-ingredient recipes. First there was the ever-so-easy French Palmiers, and now a healthified muffin that is perfect for the Fall season.

(I realize healthified is not a real word, but I do love saying it)

This recipe is originally from the Hungry Girl website. If you haven't checked it out you might want to take a peek. The catch phrase is "Tips and Tricks for Hungry Chicks" and they have lots of better-for-you options when trying to eat right.


The original version is called "Yum Yum Brownie Muffins", and is made with a boxed Devil's Food cake mix. It's a great way to get your chocolate fix without all the fat and calories. I decided to make the spiced version because, at the moment, I am in love with all things Autumn.


1 box of Spice Cake Mix
1 15 oz. can of Pumpkin

Directions
Combine the two ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Do not add anything else to the mixture! The batter will be very thick. Keep stirring until all ingredients are incorporated. DO NOT add water (or anything else) to thin the batter.
Place batter into muffin tins sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
Makes 12 regular or 36 mini muffins.

The batter will be thick, but don't let this fool you. The results yield a moist center with a nice crumb. These are not as sweet as some of the prepackaged muffins you may have tried, but they are just sweet enough.
____________________________________________________________



Yep, we’re going with another 2 ingredient recipe today.

2 ingredient Pumpkin Cookies.

What can I say, I love a theme!

This one came from a comment left on my Soda Can Cupcake post…

The commenter (Corrie Alexa) said if you combine a Spice Cake mix and a can of pumpkin you can make a cake. WHAT THE?!?

I woudn’t have believed it a week ago, but after my soda and cake mix experiment, I won’t put anything past the magic-ness that is boxed cake mix.

Another bonus to the 2 ingredient thing is that it’s lower in fat, which apparently people are all concerned about fat and calories these days, so yeah…

Well, I decided that with it almost being Thanksgiving I needed to do the pumpkin thing at least one more time before the big day.

So I went into the endeavor with all intentions of making a cake. But as I mixed the pumpkin and cake mix together I got another idea. The 2 ingredient batter is very thick, and I wondered if I could make cookies instead of a cake?

* A side note ~ when I decided to make these as cookies I pretty much thought I was a genius. Well, a quick google search proved me that I am NOT the inventor of these. Damn Google ~ nobody likes a know it all!

Anyway, here’s how it started.

If you can’t find spice cake, I bet you could use yellow cake and throw in some pumpkin pie spice, just a thought.

Mix them together…

Now, on a lined baking sheet drop batter (rounded tablespoon) about 2 inches apart…

Bake for 13-15 minutes.

There you go! A soft, cakey, yummy pumpkin cookie.

Now you can definitely stop there, in keeping with the whole 2 ingredient deal.

Or….OR…you can top these yummies with some frosting. Because really, what’s not better with frosting?

I used about a cup of buttercream that I had in my fridge leftover. You could use cream cheese frosting too, which would be perfectly delicious!

* Fun tip ~I spruced my buttercream up by sprinkling in some pumpkin pie spice. It gave it a nice flavor.

You could probably adapt the cookie recipe and add in some white, chocolate or even toffee chips to make them even more special, but I will tell you they don’t need it.

Super yummy and only 2 ingredients.



I would love to hear any other short-cut recipes you guys have, because I have decided that you guys are all brilliant!

Also for another fun quick pumpkin/cake mix recipe hope over to Bake at 350…she has some really yummy Cranberry Pumpkin Muffins

OR THIS yummy Pumpkin Coffee Cake from Cookbook Queen.

And if you’re willing to throw in a few more ingredients, try these Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate Chips and Dried Cranberries from Two Peas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beef Stoganoff

Two Ingredient Recipes: Lemon-Lime Soda + Sweetened Condensed Milk = Soda Pop Sorbet