Two-Ingredient Recipes: White Chocolate Chips + Oreos = Cookies n' Cream Oreo Bark

Source


Cookies and Cream Breakaway ~ A 20 minute, 2 ingredient, sweet and simple dessert filled with Oreo goodness. Yes, another fast and easy dessert recipe that’s perfect for your holiday baking.



Oreos are a favorite in my home. I have to admit I’m not necessarily as big of a fan as Matt and the boys when it comes to eating them straight out of the bag. But when it comes to Oreos in baked goods, I can out eat them like how most birds can eat twice their weight.


Cookies and Cream Breakaway

I’m keeping with fast and easy, since my workload seems to be multiplying ten-fold lately. It’s so bad that-tsk, tsk; my interview with the third exiting chef-testant of Bravo’s Top Chef Just Dessert was just posted last week alongside the two who were cut in episode 4. Yikes! So for those of you that are following the show and the interviews (posted over at Endless Simmer), I promise that the this week’s interview will be posted by Friday-at the latest.

As you can see, I have a little problem with taking on more than I can manage at times. I’m sure all of you are much better at managing time than I am. That said, I’m also sure we can all find comfort in a sweet and simple dessert that is as easy to make as melt, mix, and chill.


A few notes:
To shave off even more time use mini Oreos to bypass chopping regular size ones.
If white chocolate doesn’t suit your taste, use any chocolate that does.
You can leave the top bare but keep in mind it will look slightly grey from the mix of black Oreo crumbs against the white. To avoid the unappetizing grey tint either drizzle the top with chocolate or sprinkle finely crushed Oreos on top.
Cookies and Cream Breakaway

Preparation: Line an 8×8 pan with enough parchment or wax paper for a 1 inch overhang on each side.

Ingredients:
10oz. Ghirardelli white chocolate chips
15 regular size Oreos, plus 3 more for topping

Instructions:
Place chocolate in a double boiler over low heat and stir continuously, until chocolate is completely melted. Transfer chocolate to a heat proof bowl and cool for 5 minutes. Add chopped Oreos and stir to combine. Pour mixture into pan. Use a spatula to smooth out top.
Finely chop remaining Oreos and sprinkle on top. Chill for about 10 minutes until chocolate becomes solid.
Lift whole bark out of pan by holding onto parchment or wax overhang. Split bark into pieces with a fork.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buttercream Flowers